ABOUT | FAITH | LIFE | FOOD | TRAVELS | KOREA | CHECK IT

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ankor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I have been sitting on this post for literally months. It seemed too big to write so I just finally slapped something together. 

I had dreamed of visiting this place for years, seeing beautiful pictures on the Internet of this otherworldly land…so different from anything I had every known.  Finally the day arrived and we had our chance to see Ankor Wat. (ruins from the Khmer Empire 9th - 15th century) 

It was at the same time beautifully preserved and crumbling before our very eyes.  The heat was intense and the tourists were aplenty.  It seemed everyone else had been let in on the secret as well. 

We hired a guide for the day and he told us lots of things we promptly forgot, but we were humbled by his kind nature and thankful for his service. 

The trip was so long ago I have nothing left to say, except to show just a few pictures.  I am so disappointed in how they turned out…I’m not sure what happened.  They are all noisy, out of focus, poorly composed and just an overall mess.  I honestly don’t even want to put them up here but I want to be honest about my photography journey so here they are.  I guess I'm being overly critical...but it's my blog and I can cry if I want to!


1 comment:

  1. AH! Im so glad you posted these! Perfect 10 ;) these are gorgeous! Especially the first one, last one and 8th one. And the last one of Jim is adorable! YAY for photos! PS I find that Im really unhappy with my photos when there are an awkward amount of tourists in them. I want them to either be completely empty or totally packed.

    ReplyDelete