ABOUT | FAITH | LIFE | FOOD | TRAVELS | KOREA | CHECK IT

Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer With Family in Virginia

So all of the sudden summer came.

I had these great aspirations of writing a few end-of-the-year posts, for I have much to say, but I suppose that will have to wait for now as we have a full-to-the-brim summer ahead of us.

We have been waiting for this vacation for a long time.  We have not been to the United States in a year and a half (the longest either of us has been away) and we were really itching to go.

First stop on our tour: Richmond, Virginia.  My parents moved here in 2000 and this is where I come home to.  Thankfully, this time my sister, brother-in-law and sweet, sweet nephew Rhett were here.  We hadn't seen them in a year and a half either.  Rhett is 2 and 2 months now and just a super sweetie.  I really enjoyed seeing him and trying to teach him Korean and playing him "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on our new Ukulele.  I loved watching him play with my man.  I also enjoyed seeing my sister who's pregnant with little Poppy and turned 27!

It was great to see my brother who always makes me laugh and my parents who always make me feel special.  It was so great to have the whole family together.  We played games, ate great food, went to the children's museum, church, and just relaxed. We were only here from Saturday-Saturday.  Wish it could have been longer, but there are more good things ahead.

In addition to hanging out with family, we rested and shopped.  We had some boxes waiting for us of course (including a new camera woo woo!! and ukulele) but mostly clothes for an upcoming epic trip...

to ICELAND.

We've been planning for a few months to go, after I saw some pics from a photographer's blogger I follow.

It's supposed to be just beautiful and I've only heard wonderful things about it.

We'll be spending our second anniversary there and I'm just trilled to be doing something I never imagined with my man.  We leave tomorrow.  I'm nervous about the flight and the weather--if we'll be prepared with enough clothes, but overall I'm stoked.  I plan on posting lots of pics!

For now here are some from my family's time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment