ABOUT | FAITH | LIFE | FOOD | TRAVELS | KOREA | CHECK IT

Monday, April 21, 2014

Jang Island Work Projects

One of my favorite parts of the trip was watching my students complete some service projects for the residents of Jang Island, a small island of about 3,000 residents.

We worked on Tuesday and Wednesday. Our projects included digging a ditch, creating a water drainage system, and building a wall.  The work was brutal.  Digging digging digging, mixing cement, carrying concrete bricks...I was so shocked at how hard they worked.  We had to make them take breaks and drink water.

I don't think I've ever done a project that difficult, and I've done a few!  I was just so proud of them.

I did what I could but one of the things I learned on this trip was just how out of shape I am...wow I got tired so easily!!

Here are some pictures of the kids hard at work.



No comments:

Post a Comment