ABOUT | FAITH | LIFE | FOOD | TRAVELS | KOREA | CHECK IT

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Week Without Walls

Every year since I've been here we've done a middle school weekend retreat in the fall.  This year we've made some changes to our program, and our principal had the vision of creating a "Week Without Walls", where we go outside of the classroom for a week and spend it together as a whole middle school.

This meant that instead of using a weekend up, we left on a Monday and returned on a Thursday with 240 middle schoolers in tow.

It was so much fun!!  Our theme was "Got Leadership?" and focused on team building activities and developing leadership skills.

The coolest thing about the week was that my man planed most of the event.  I was so amazed at his ability to pull the thing off.  There were so many things to get together, since it was the first year we had the event, and everything was pulled off flawlessly.  He even got his buddy from college, who is in a legit band, to come play music.  The kids had a great time, the teachers had a great time, it was just really a wonderful experience.

One day in my classroom, before the event, our principal mentioned "we should set up a blog for the parents to read while we're away".  I volunteered, as this is right up my alley!  I'm looking for any way to practice my photography and it's something I knew I could do well.  If you want to read more about what we did, check out our blog here:  www.yissweekwithoutwalls.weebly.com

I'm so proud of my man, and so thankful for the opportunity to get to know the kids better.  Here are just a few pictures of the week's activities.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment