ABOUT | FAITH | LIFE | FOOD | TRAVELS | KOREA | CHECK IT

Sunday, August 4, 2013

And Just Like That...Summer's Over

It's bittersweet that I'll be returning to work tomorrow.  Saturday was our first all-staff day of the year, we at lunch, had a scavenger hunt + trivia game (my group won yay!) and caught up with old friends. Tomorrow it's back to the grind...meetings all morning and class time all afternoon.  And one week after that, the kiddos are back.

For the first time I think I'm actually looking forward to starting a bit.  (I say that tentatively.)  Being here all summer made me feel super lazy and it'll be great to get working again.  With that said, I've enjoyed the lax pace so much that I am making it a goal to slow down this year and appreciate more of what Korea has to offer, house keeping, and reading my Bible.

There's a whole lot more to life than work. (Even though I do love my job and am so thankful for it...)

I wish I could write a long post about all the goals I accomplished or things I did over the summer, but to be quite honest, I just didn't get there.  I finished a fourth of my quilt and a third of a book (Salt, Sugar, Fat by Michael Moss) and nine and a half tenths of my sister's blog, but don't really know what else I accomplished.  I didn't exercise like I wanted, I didn't read my Bible like I wanted, I didn't connect with people like I wanted, but I did sleep a whole lot, and watch a whole lot of TV.  Oh and played games with my man, but that was awesome.  And cooked some new recipes.   And took more photos.

I'm a bit disappointed in my self, but overall it was a great time for my man and I to REST.  It was a time to re-evaluate some things in my life.  And of course we took two great trips and hosted my parents, which were all SO GREAT AND WONDERFUL.

With the new year comes some new goals, which I'm never so good at but I might as well try.  I am slowly working on my 30 before 30 list, and now it's time to kick it into high gear.  What a great time to be the best me.

With all that said, here are a few left-over photos from summer.  Take special note of the heart pancakes made by my sweet man one morning, this his-and-hers breakfasts, our first anniversary dinner gift from my mother in-law complete with baby octopi, the rain ruining one of the only sunny days in July, and the pics from our rooftop taken by my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment