ABOUT | FAITH | LIFE | FOOD | TRAVELS | KOREA | CHECK IT

Friday, June 14, 2013

Yangjae Flower Market

Today was doubly special because I was finally able to go to the Yangjae Flower Market, AND my parents are here to come with!!  I was so thankful to have my dad with me to give me adice about what to buy and how to plant things!

I had read more than a year ago that I could buy herbs there and I've wanted to go ever since.  Let's just say it's massive!  By far the biggest plant area/green house I've ever seen (my dad too).  We were really only able to check out about two buildings but there are a number more!  There were countless succulents, cacti, orchids, house plants, hanging plants...I don't really know what anything is but there was so much to see!  I'm looking forward to going back and spending more time choosing some plants for our patio, for our home, as well as for my classroom.  

Today we just bought a big container, some soil, plant food (for our large indoor plants), terracotta pots, 5 basil plants (only 2,000 Won each/$2.00) some spearmint (since the worms at mine), a big rosemary plant and some chive seeds.  

I'm going to try planting them all together, as well as leaving some basil inside and seeing what happens.  I'd love to make some homemade pesto!

No comments:

Post a Comment