ABOUT | FAITH | LIFE | FOOD | TRAVELS | KOREA | CHECK IT

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I Love iHerb.com!

Living in Asia of course means less access to typical "Western" things.  And unless you live on an American army base, shipping prices are outrageous!  I can only hope for the day Amazon, Zappos, and Williams-Sonoma offers reasonable shipping prices to Korea.

For four years I did without many things I wish I could have had.  This year my friend told me about iHerb.com, and I began hearing the buzz from other people.  iHerb sells "nutritional supplements and other healthy products" which is something I've had a particularly difficult time finding here.

iHerb offers competitive prices on thousand upon thousands of items on everything in categories such as supplements, bath and beauty, grocery, kids and baby, and the ambiguous "other".  (I just looked at "other"...there's so much more!)

It seems like their rates are always changing, but for now it's free shipping + zero tax for items over $40.00 in the U.S. and

ONLY $4.00 SHIPPING TO KOREA NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU ORDER!!!  (up to 15 kg)

This is unprecedented!  Their prices for shipping have fluctuated over the past few months, but they've decided to keep it cool at $4.00 for us over here.  I have no idea how they make it happen but I think all other manufacturers and distributers need to get on this train!

Also, the goods come in 3-4 days.  It's cray cray.

In addition, they offer a Rewards Program where each shopper gets a code to share with others.  If you use my code, I get a percentage and YOU get a deal.  Please use it!!!! Please!

If you use my code ZLV011 you can get $10.00 off an order of $40.00 or more, or $5.00 off a smaller order.

And of course you'll get your own code.  And a lot of awesome stuff.

Here are just some of my most favorite things I've bought from iHerb recently:

1.  Ghiradelli Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder  $5.52-- This is all I use when I make chocolate cupcakes and other baked goods.  Compare this with $9.49 at amazon.com!

2.  Attitude Hand Soap~Essential Oils Lime and Lavender $4.50-- I bought this on an whim and it is the most lovely smelling handsoap I've ever owned.  

3.  Ghiradelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips $4.05-- I've also bought their baking bars, but I love that this is a hefty 12 oz bag...they melt up real nice for chocolate recipes! $4.75 on their own site.  

4. King Arthur Cake Flour $4.61-- Ok I haven't used this yet, but I'm so excited to make angel food cupcakes, I just needed this to get started! You totally can't find this kind of stuff in Korea. $4.95 on their own site. 

5.  Mrs. Meyers Basil Scented Dish Soap $4.16-- Everyone talked about how great this was and, well, they were right.  I also like Method brand dish soaps.  

6.  King Arthur Bread Flour $8.40 -- So lovely in a few things I've made.  Makes bread extra chewy mmm...(this is more expensive than I can find on their website)

7.  Simply Organic Chili Powder $4.45 -- Actually I've been trying to replace all of my spices with Simply Organic...they are potent and there's a ton.  They're also clearly labeled.  I compared a whiff of this to the one that had been in my cabinet for over a year and couldn't believe the difference! $5.59 on their own site.  

8.  Now Healthy Food Quinoa $5.69 -- I've heard so much about this and was so excited to get some, considering it's W18,000 ($16.00) at my High Street Market, (a near-by foreign foods store)...you've got to be kidding me!! $10.24 on Amazon

9.  Chocolove Raspberries in Dark Chocolate $2.70-- Just so so delicious!  I love candy so much so I feel like this might actually be good for me?  There are pieces of freeze dried raspberries in there and they take away the edge of the dark chocolate.  So lovely.  

There are tons of great brands and tons more I want to try...especially as I'm looking into eating healthier and cleaner for me and my man.  

Check it out, be blessed, and use my code! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment